Sunday, May 4, 2008

Butt, it's a theme...









Come on, I know you are singing the lyrics to MC Hammer's "I like big butts"! I know... I am not right in the head. Butt seriously (hee hee), one of my favorite authors is Ann George. Her books are centered around 2 crazy sisters who live in Birmingham, Alabama. One of the sister's homes has a view of the Vulcan's butt and they are always joking about it. If you want to know about Vulcan, read this http://www.visitvulcan.com/history.html. Nikki and I took a trip to Birmingham just to see the Vulcan's butt. The books mentioned the coffee shop at the top of the Vulcan statue so we had plans to go there and have coffee. Well we get there and find out that the author had taken some creative liberties in her writings because you can take an elevator to the top of the statue but there has never been a coffee shop. If you want to read a fun summer book, go check out Ann George's books!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! That sounds like something I would do... It's like the author punked you! Wonder how many other fans of her books have done the same thing??

Anonymous said...

I am dying to go see this. We'll have to take a trip. Me, you, Chuch, Tammy and Clem. A girl day, looking at a giant TAIL!

Anonymous said...

Did someone say "Roadtrip"? I'm ready... let's hit the road...Girl's Day Out!!

Anonymous said...

Guess what Clemmie and I studied today in Alabama History...yep "The Vulcan"! Now we can call our "roadtrip" a field trip! I think that this trip is meant to be....what do y'all think?

Nikki said...

So much fun. That was a good trip even if there wasn't a cafe at the top. I always laugh when going through Birmingham. Love you!