Wednesday, June 18, 2008

You're Gonna Miss This

I recently watched the movie "The Bucket List" and it made me think of the Trace Adkins song "You're Gonna Miss This". Life goes by so fast. For me life is in the little things like watching vegetables grow bigger each day, listening to the sounds of birds, and feeling a country breeze on my face. To others like what the Bucket List portrayed, it is climbing Everest and Sky Jumping. Whatever it is in your life that you wish you could do, do it soon and savor the moment. I cannot always express myself perfectly so just listen to this song and if you get the chance, rent this movie. This is a portion of my bucket list:

*Shower in a waterfall

*Raft through the Grand Canyon

*Send a message in a bottle

*Go back to Israel and take it slow

*Accept myself fully for who I am

*Take Dancing lessons

*Sleep under the stars

Honestly though, I think I am the kind of person to really live my life this way. I have had many dreams and a good majority of them have come true. I have always said that life is what you make of it. Just a few of the things that are already in my bucket due to making it happen are:

* Fall deeply, madly in love

* Ride a camel

* Go snorkeling in the Grand Caymans

* Go skinny dipping in the ocean

* Let the past go and focus on the future

* Build my own house

* Save someones house from burning down

* Climb Dunn's River falls in Jamaica

* Honestly love and appreciate my family despite our differences

* Care for something so passionately that no amount of money could buy it

from you

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that song! It seems like yesterday that Jessica was born and now she is threatening to crawl. I am so afraid I'll turn my back and miss the first time she actually does it.

The things you have already done on your bucket list is fantastic. Skinny dipping in the ocean huh? Yeah, that sounds like you. LOL

I'd like to have another baby, get my Master's Degree, learn to suba dive, and go on a cruise around the world.

Call me soon. Thanks for telling me about your blog. It is fun.

Amanda

Jen said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog, Amanda. Loved the newest pictures of Jessica, she is a cutie pie.

LOL, yes the skinny dipping is a funny story. We were in Cozumel and we had rented motor scooters to ride around the island. Half of the island is a nature reserve so there is no electricity and thus no hotels are on that side. Jeff didn’t have a bathing suit on but I had one on plus some shorts that could pass as a bathing suit. I wanted to go swimming but Jeff wasn’t going to come in the water since he didn’t have a bathing suit. It had been raining while we were driving and since his clothes were wet, I suggested he take them off and hang them on these big sticks that were stuck in the sand on the beach. He did this and wore the shorts that I had on over my bathing suit. We had the time of our lives because we had the entire beach all to ourselves. People would drive by, honk their horns and wave to us. We’d wave back thinking “these islanders sure are friendly” but then it dawned us that they were doing it because they saw Jeff’s clothes hanging on those sticks and thought we were skinny dipping. Well heck, it was obvious we were going to continue to have the beach to ourselves so why not? It was one of the best afternoons of my life!!

Sandy said...

This is quite a thought provoking post, Jen. I'm going to ponder it, then get back with you. I've always loved the 'skinny dipping' story. LOL

Tammy said...

Jen, I haven't seen the movie, but you have inspired me to make a list.
I think that it will be interesting to see just how many items that I have already accomplished. The skinny-dipping story is just too funny! You go girl! LOL

Song of the South said...

I remember laughing like rip when you told me that story before. I laughed again when I read it this time. It sounds like Bucket List was quite a movie. I will have to make it a point to see it.

Song of the South said...

By the way Jen, just in case you don't know, Song of the South is MEEEE Love ya, Cammy

Anonymous said...

I loved the movie and I think it's so awesome that you've created a bucket list of your own. I should sit down and do the same thing. The movie was so inspiring and I really think we could all learn something from it.
Thanks for sharing! :-)